LEED Compliance, Integrated Pest Management and your Interior Landscape Management Plan
Greenjeans is compliant with the strict regulations and reporting requirements of properties with environmental designations such as LEED, WELL Building Standard and BOMA Best .
We support a variety of Edmonton properties in maintaining environmental certification or compliance by managing pest control and weed control using non-toxic, LEED-approved methods. Administrative follow-up with monthly reports and supporting documentation required is part of our service.
Environmentally-friendly landscape management has always been part of our daily practice, as we have been chemical-free since the company was established in 1997. We are familiar with the lists of Regulated Products and Materials specified in the typical LEED IPM & Landscape Management Plans.
Base growing media for our tropical floor plants consists of the following allowed materials:
- Peat moss with mycorrhizal fungi
Typical plant pest control methods consist of the following allowed products:
- Diatomaceous earth
- Dormant oils (aka Horticultural oils)
- Hydrogen peroxide (diluted in water is pest control spray)
- Insecticidal soap
- Mulches in the form of plant residues from organic sources
- Neem extract
- Plant protectants
- Sticky traps
- Biological organisms (eg predator insects such as Cryptolaemus to control Mealy Bug / Swirski Mite to control Thrips) Note that these are generally only of value in large atrium garden plantings.
We are set up to comply with the typical requirements to divert minimum 95% of interior landscaping waste from landfill for composting.